Accion, serving the states of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas, is an award-winning nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the tools entrepreneurs need to operate, grow or start their businesses. We increase access to business credit, make loans and provide training to help entrepreneurs realize their dreams and to help businesses thrive.
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Intern to work with our Media and Communications team in our Denver office to help promote Accion’s programs and activities to stakeholders across our five-state region.
- Assist Media and Communications Specialist with annual report photo shoots and logistics;
- Interview clients for annual report stories;
- Organize photo assets on share drive;
- Enter client data and donor prospect data into campaign monitor;
- Assist with event invitations, outreach phone calls and branded text messages;
- Compile and send suggested social media content to social vendor;
- Research pitching opportunities and compile 2018 editorial calendar; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Passion for Accion’s mission and a sense of humor;
- Team player, honest, and highly accountable;
- Outstanding personal skills; positive effective communicator with all stakeholder groups;
- Excellent judgment and reasoning ability;
- Strategic, visionary; and results-oriented producer;
- Receptive to feedback, good listener, and flexible;
- Organized with excellent follow-through;
- Strong ability to self-manage, stay on task, and maintain balance;
- Interest in marketing, communications, social media, or public relations; and
- Ability to make a 6 month commitment of 15 hours per week
What we provide
You will learn about Accion’s values-based high performance organizational culture, as well as best practices for nonprofit management and mission impact. Although unpaid, you will gain valuable professional development experience, and may be eligible to earn credit towards your degree.